Learn about the varied, rich and undying culture of India through its states that portrays the real India.
Known for its eternal heritage, rich tradition, delicious cuisines, dateless monuments, kind people, lush flora and fauna, and timeless culture, India is certainly one of the most vibrant countries in the world. The country defines unity in diversity in true sense. Although each state in the country has different culture, food and heritage, there is a common feeling of ‘onenesses among every citizen of India. Each state is unique and has its own specialty. In no specific order, listed below are the most beautiful states of the country that must be visited at least once in a lifetime.
- Jammu and Kashmir – Dubbed as the ‘The Paradise on Earth,’ the state of J&K welcomes tourists with its emerald green valleys, crystal clear water, snow decked mountains, gorgeous gardens and aqua blue sky. The breathtaking mountainous scenery and cascading waterfalls attract numerous tourists to this place. Apart from natural beauty, the state of Jammu is an iconic melting point of both Hindu and Muslim cultures. Some of the major attractions of Kashmir include, Nagin Lake, Gulmarg, Srinagar, Pari Mahal and Mughal Gardens. A boat ride on Dal Lake is worth experiencing during winters.
- Punjab – Known for its scrumptious taste, dateless culture and glorious history, Punjab tourism highlights the tradition of India and its beauty. Vast stretched farmlands, traditional homes and impressive Gurudwaras. Some of the major tourist hubs in Punjab are Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Patiala and Nabha. Patiala is mostly visited for its historical forts. Sarso da saag and makke di roti is the famous dish of Punjab.
- Himachal Pradesh – Renowned world over as ‘Devbhumi’ means Land of Gods, Himachal Pradesh is known among tourists for its unadulterated Himalayan landscapes and serene hill-stations. Himachal Pradesh has everything to delight a nature lover like apple orchards, snow capped mountains, Himalayan deserts and dense deodar forests. Visitors can also enjoy some of the adventurous and thrilling outdoor activities like heli-skiing, mountain biking, ice-skating, rock climbing and paragliding.
- Uttarakhand – Nicknamed as the ‘Switzerland of India,’ Uttarakhand aptly paints the picture of beautiful India. History, natural beauty and spirituality Uttarakhand have it all. The experience of this state is beyond everyone’s imagination. Some of the major attractions of the state are shrines, pilgrimage spots, mountains, flower valleys, skiing slopes and dark forests. Come and enjoy on the lap of nature!
- Gujarat – Countless attractions, scenic beauty, scrumptious food, delicately carved handicrafts and thrilling Dandiya dance, Gujarat is famous for all these. Religious and fun attractions are in plenty in the state. Some of the renowned attractions include world famous archaeological sites of Lothal and Dholavira, and Somnath Beach and Somnath temple.
Other important states include Goa, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Rajasthan.
Article Source: Dogra_Ashish_Kumar